Thursday, August 17, 2006

Unda 18

No, that's not how old I wish I was again. (I'd never do that again, even for a Billion Dooooollaaaaars...pinky to mouth)

That is a drainage therapy that I have started as of yesterday. I went back to the chiropractor/homeopathic therapist yesterday and she said my whole body is "out of whack". Literally.

She has begun the process of adjusting my spine back to normal again (I am quite crooked) and she started me on the detoxing treatments. I also have a very restricted diet to remove all possibilities of anything adding toxins to my body. I can only eat the foods that she tested on me that don't irritate my body right down to the cellular level. I have been surviving on these foods ...an issue, but they are making me feel crummy so I guess, I'll just hafta adjust. Today, I can not have coffee..(I plan on having one cup at breakfast or I WILL DIE), no vegetables at all or any root veggie, no wheat, oats, rye, (any carb...ugh), dairy and hardly any fruit.
On the positive side, I can eat:
  • water
  • blueberries
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • all rice products
  • any beans including green beans
  • sweet potato (yay, love those)
  • eggs
  • UNDA 18
Finito. That's it. I can survive on that, but oh so frickin' borink!

I have also explained to her that I am thinking of going back to antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds but I wanted to try something homeopathic first. That is her specialty. So, she is starting this with me as well as chiropractic and physical therapy. N.E.T is very new to me, so I am very interested in its healing properties. I hope this works. I guess, just being excited about something is a first step, huh? It is quite an interesting process. I'm still learning about it as the treatments continue.

I know initially, I am going to feel like I am detoxing drugs out of my system. I am already starting to have withdrawals. Seriously. It feels like you are getting sick, before you actually start to feel great. I've done the detox thing before and it sucks big beans during the initial stages but once you are clean, you can even see better. It is amazing. I am looking forward to that. At least I know this crappy feeling only lasts a few days, until the hurtful shit it out of your system. The good feeling lasts a whole lot longer. The last time I detoxed was over a year ago, and now I'm doing it again. That's a pretty long time. For me, anyway.

So wish me luck. I am already starting to crave caffeine...Starbucks? Shit, no.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think of the money you are going to save at Pathmark this week. Just teasing, good luck. I hope you get rid of your "badness".

Anonymous said...

Oh the whole things sounds so wonderful to me. lol. How sick is that? By wonderful though I mean the spine straightening, NET, and accupuncture (on the link you provided).

I might look into some of this stuff for myself! ;)

Let me know how everything turns out for you and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that this works.

Anonymous said...

Ok I am so rooting for you!! Hang in there, the first few days are always hard, but in the long run you could feel like a totally better and improved self!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Who's going with you to hold ur hand? If u stick out ur
go-go gadget arm and I stick out my go-go gadget arm I'll hold ur hand all the way from Philly!
mel

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in seeing how NET works for you. Good luck!