I am obsessed with two small things about my daughter. I adore her feet. (As my close friends will agree) I paint her toe nails very week and I snap cutsie pictures when we are done.
I am also obsessed with her gorgeeeeous hair. It is long, brown and has these natural banana curls at the end...Like a supermodel. People pay thousands of dollars to people like him to get hair like the stuff she has naturally. She gets complimented on it every time we go out. I wish I had hair like hers.
The past few weeks, I have been debating on when and if I should cut her hair. Not chop it all off like she has lice or anything, just a trim. She gets it tangled and hates to have it combed, especially when it's wet. We have started fighting to keep her sitting still while I comb it or fix it up in her fancy hairdo's. So, I broke down and made an appointment to get her first haircut ever....today.
She, as always, was a champion. She got to sit in a fancy, pink Barbie Corvette...(I have always wanted one as a child) and watch Barney (which she totally wasn't into) while she got her trim. It didn't even phase her that there was a strange woman standing behind her with scissors. She just wanted to sit in that car all day long.
Now, this child is petrified of blow driers and vacuum cleaners. (I know I've mentioned that my carpet hasn't been vacuumed in at least 3 weeks). This place had both wonderful pieces of machinery. But, she just hung out in that pink sports car and got her hair cut without apprehension. I was on the verge of tears, of course, but I held it together for the child. Daddy even came along to support her...It was a great experience.
Until it was time to leave, then the receptionist put the frickin' vacuum on and she panicked a little...Just for a second...It turned out to be a fantastic time and I will take her there again when it's time for a trim. Everyone was so nice and supportive and they all understood that this was her 'first time' and treated us with smiles and love. They even gave us a 'Certificate of Merit' for her very first cut ever. They attached all the trimming from her cut to the back of it. How cute.
When she's 16, I better hide the pictures because she'll definitely use them to talk us into a real pink Corvette for her birthday. She'll say something like: "Remember when you took me for my first haircut and I got to sit in the Pink Corvette? Well, I was such a good girl then and all the years following that. I think I deserve a real one now!"
We'll see who cries then.
3 comments:
Could she be any cuter?
I long for hair like hers...Hailey is still effectively bald.
Sigh...
She is absolutely adorable!!! I have a crush on her hair!!
This weekend I am spreading warm and fuzzies!
We have not been acquainted long, however I really enjoy reading your writing on family and life. Your love for your husband and daughter is amazing and awesome to be a part of! Hope you had a great weekend!
Nice work, Princess Jr.!
That's a cute little girl you've got there. And what a trooper!
Post a Comment